Monday 29 December 2014

The pursuit to happiness...

So another year comes to an end...

and that always means one thing.... New Year Resolutions.


There was a time I always swore this year would be the year that I would stick to my guns and REALLY follow through.... but no matter how hard I tried I always seemed to fail and my goals for the year didn't manifest. Maybe you can relate? In fact it became so bad that not only would I not succeed with my goals I would in fact make it even worse! My guilt and disappointment in not following through would cause me to sabotage myself often with even more harmful results. Binge eating instead of the diet, not exercising at all instead of jogging daily and staying in side away from the world rather than face another rejection.

Does any of this sound familiar? Well, if it does, here's what I did. 

I stopped setting New Year Resolutions.


Now, that may seem a bit of a cop out but let me explain what I mean.
I am not saying, sit on your laurels and become complacent. I'm definitely not saying I gave up on life.
What I am saying is that when I decided to be kinder and not put so much pressure on myself, things simply got easier .

says that if we focus on the 'lack' then we get more of that.
I definitely agree with this now and as you know (I have said it many times) ....
You GET MORE OF WHAT YOU FOCUS ON.
What changed was my outlook and hence the direction of my focus.

When you chose to see what you already have in your life then your mind opens, becomes more approachable for new possibilities. It expands so to speak and becomes aware of many things previously right under your nose.

The year things changed for me in 2010, I did in fact make a 'somewhat' list of resolutions,
and I will share it with you now.
In fact I would love if I really had the honor of sharing it with you and you in fact took these on as your  New Year Resolutions. I promise if you follow these, your life will change.

1) Focus on the present and the future, not the past.
2) Be aware of my thoughts and acknowledge them as simply that,
a thought, not necessarily fact.
3) Be kinder to myself.
4) Find the goodness in everyone I meet.
5) Be grateful daily for what I have. (More on this HERE)
6) Do something that makes me feel happy every day.
7) Bring a smile to someones face everyday.
8) Smile, laugh and love everyday.
9) Be authentic and be me!


As soon as I started this a new world opened up to me and new possibilities began to come my way.

This is my last post for this wonderful year 2014. 
In the past 5 years I have had some of the most amazing experiences and I would like to take this opportunity to thank you and some others for coming into my life.

Here is a recap of some of the stuff that has happened....

I had the privilege to train directly with Richard Bandler (Co-founder of NLP) -http://www.richardbandler.com/
Paul Mackenna (World famous Hypnotist), Justin Tranz (TV & Las Vegas Stage Hypnotist) - http://mindartpresentsjustintranz.weebly.com/why-train-with-jt-by-dserpico.html
Anthony Robbins, Raymond Aaron, Owen Fitzpatrick, Andy Harrington, John Lee and many more.

Amongst many other things I....
Overcame lifelong fears.
I painted again for the first time in 20 years and have since gone on to sell a huge number of them.
I published my first book, The Blackbelt Mastermind !                                                       I founded my new Coaching business and launched the The Bootcamps!!                       I have spoken at numerous events with hundreds of people.                                            I have watched peoples lives transform, thanks to what I have learnt.

For this I am so thankful and as well as the incredible names above that helped teach me what I now know, I would also like to thank some other very important people who have contributed to making me who I am today. Simply a girl.... but one who doesn't give up and knows now how to be happy.

To Marina Nani - http://www.marinanani.com/
Thank you for being my constant whirlwind of inspiration xx
To Samantha Kelly aka  https://twitter.com/Tweetinggoddess-
Thank you for your kindness and determination in helping people succeed & introducing me through https://twitter.com/irishbizparty to so many other wonderful people.
To Carol Brill - thank you for your courage. I am so proud to have kick started your campaign http://www.gofundme.com/seeingdisney and I know that with everyone's help we will succeed. 
To Alan Ellis - My partner and the ultimate fighter. https://twitter.com/selfdefenceguru
No matter what life throws at you, you keep getting back up. I am so proud of you x

To my friends and family who have supported me through everything.
I know you are there for me and I love you for it.

Now lets go smash 2015!!!
All my love Danielle xxx
Most of all remember to simply enjoy the moment.....
I wish you an awesome 2015!!!

Danielle xxx

www.theblackbeltmastermind.com

info@theblackbeltmastermind.com

No comments:

Post a Comment